Mark Padmore (tenor) and Simon Lepper (piano)
The recital includes well known examples by Haydn (including two of his English songs), Mozart and Beethoven, before meeting the larger challenge of Schumann’s collection of 12 texts by Justinus Kerner.
Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
- She never told her love HXXVIa:34
- The Spirit’s Song HXXVIa:41
- Antwort auf die Frage eines Mädchens HXXVIa:46
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- Das Veilchen K476
- Abendempfindung K523
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Mailied Op. 52 No. 4
- Neue Liebe, neues Leben Op. 75 No. 2
- Aus Goethes Faust: Es war einmal ein König Op. 75 No. 3
- Adelaide Op. 46
- Selbstgespräch WoO. 114
- Resignation WoO. 149
- Abendlied unterm gestirnten Himmel WoO. 150
—————– Interval ——————–
Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
- Kerner Lieder Op. 35
This concert is initially by invite only, with entrance by donation. As there are limited tickets available, we are asking you to rsvp as soon as possible, to reserve your seat(s).
This is clearly a wonderful opportunity to hear this accomplished duo, and we look forward to seeing you then.
Refreshments and bar available.
Please rsvp to:
Mon Dec 17th, at 7.30pm, in Old House Barn, Oldhouse Rd, CO64EQ,